I had a mind once. Now I have small children.

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

All I Want for Christmas...

Dear Santa,

It's that time of year again.  I'm sure you are  up in the North Pole, loading up on cookies, exercising the reindeer, and packing up your gigantic bag of goodies to deliver across the world.  But, if you have just a moment to spare, I would like you to read my letter.  I have something I really need this year, and if you could help, that would really rock my world. 

Now, normally, I would ask you for a day off from my job as mom  Or for a never-ending supply of beer in my fridge.  I might ask for endless amounts of money so that I can PAY someone to clean this house of ours.  On a different year, I might request you to bring me some bling from Tiffany's.  I might even ask for a new mini-van, a week in the Bahamas--sans Goombas, complete with unlimited beverages, or a live-in chef/personal trainer to help me lose these last freakin' 10 pounds that just won't budge.  On a normal year.  But, Mr. Clause, this is not a normal year. 

And so I ask you this...

Please bring peace to Luigi and my family.  That is all I ask.  I want my darling Luigi to not feel scared, or anxious, or overwhelmed, or stressed, or too big for his skin anymore.  I want the real Luigi to shine through for all the world to see--the Luigi who asks me, quietly in his bed at night, if he was good enough to be on your "nice" list today.  The Luigi who stops in the middle of everything he is doing, to run over and give me a hug just to say "I love you."  I want Mario and Peach to understand that their brother might need just a little bit of extra help with some things.  I want Bowser and I to have the patience to give him that help.  I want the doctors he sees, to have the wisdom to know what he needs, without going overboard, or under-treating.  I want his teachers to continue to help and guide him with patience that I'm not sure I could ever possess.  I want him to sleep peacefully through the night, without a nightmare, or an unknown terror causing him to cry out. I want him to know, truly in his heart, without a shadow of a doubt, that he is mine and that I love him more than anything in the world.  Please, Santa, please.  Bring my Luigi peace. 

love,
Daisy

No comments:

Post a Comment