I had a mind once. Now I have small children.

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Ya Gotta Have Faith

The other night, I was in the kitchen cooking dinner.  All of the Goombas were doing their own thing, which basically means Mario was watching Minecraft videos on his laptop, Luigi was playing on the Wii, and Peach was on her Kindle Fire. 

So, I am in the kitchen, chopping something, or maybe drinking wine, and Luigi yells, "Hey, Mom!"

"Yes?"

"Ummmm...Does God see us all the time?"

Now, I have to admit here that we are not the MOST religious family.  I mean, we go to church occasionally, we talk about Jesus, and we say grace before dinner, but it's not our strong suit.  So, it took me a little off guard.

"Yes, He does see us all the time."

Silence for a moment.

"Hey, Mom?  Does God hear everything we say?"

"Yes, He sees and hears us all the time."

Silence again for a moment.

"Mom?  Is God always with us?  ALWAYS?"

At this point I am a little bit worried.  I couldn't help but wonder what he had done that would make him question if God saw him. 

"Yes, He loves us very much and is always with us."

"Ok!" Luigi hollered back at me. 

Thinking that I was about to catch him in the act of decapitating one of his sister's dolls or something, I sneaked over to the area where the toy room is.  And I heard this...

"Please God, please let me win this race!  Please let my cart be the fastest and Wario be the winner.  Please God, if you can hear me, please let me win!"

And then as I started to turn around and head back to the kitchen I heard,

"YES, YES, YES!!!!! Mommy!  He DID hear me!  I asked Him to let me win the race and HE DID!!!!  He really does see and hear us!"

Yes, my child, He is with us.  Even in our Mario Kart racing. 

Cheers!
~Daisy

No comments:

Post a Comment