I had a mind once. Now I have small children.

Friday, July 8, 2011

A Quick Opinion...

I know that most of us have been watching all, some, or at least the most recent events in the Casey Anthony trial. I also know that most of us are completely flabbergasted by the jury's decision that she was not guilty. And, since I am not one to keep my mouth shut when it comes to sharing opinions, here is mine...

That woman is crazy. Not just crazy, but seriously sick in the head. There is not a mother I know that would go out and party it up while her daughter was missing. Her daughter was with the nanny? Hell, I even call to check-in when my own MOTHER-IN-LAW is babysitting! To go 31 days without any contact, just seems a little absurd to me. Not a single one of my mommy friends would ever be ok with not knowing where our children are. In fact, we have been known to cut people off mid-sentence and run outside if a child has gone around the side of the house and we can't see them right out the back door. I really just don't understand Ms. Anthony's logic behind her defense. Then again, I am not a lawyer and I am a fairly normal type of mother. I think we can all agree that her actions speak far louder than her words in this instance. And, Ms. Anthony, those actions lead me to believe that you are guilty.

But, let's move on. The fact of the matter is, the prosecution did NOT show the jury evidence beyond a REASONABLE DOUBT that Ms. Anthony was guilty. A jury is instructed before any trial that they must believe BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT that the defendant is guilty. I was not in that jury room and I have no idea what was said or deliberated. I would imagine some of the jury members are sick with heartache over the decision they had to make. Maybe someone was paid off. Maybe someone truly believed in her innocence. Maybe any number of scenarios played out. Whatever the case, they came to the decision they did and what is done is done. Am I happy about it? Absolutely not. Do I think that true justice will eventually be served? Absolutely yes.

Here is how I am coping with what I think is a tragedy all around... One day Ms. Anthony's own life will end. Until then, she has to live in her own mind. No one else can know what she is thinking or feeling. And karma sure can be a bitch, so my guess is that she will never rest easy again. When her life does come to an end, she and ONLY she will have to stand in front of St. Peter at the Pearly Gates. No defense attorneys can help her then. No loopholes in the law. No sympathetic jury members. It will be then, and only then, that she will be put to the true trial. And it will be then that she will be sentenced accordingly.

So, my friends, although it is definitely an interesting discussion, I think it is time we lay this story to rest. Let's allow poor Caylee's soul to have some peace. Let's stop giving Ms. Anthony so much time in the spotlight. And let's keep praying that a tragedy like this doesn't happen to another innocent victim.

Sincerely Yours,
~Daisy

No comments:

Post a Comment