I had a mind once. Now I have small children.

Monday, September 26, 2011

Happy Monday!

Monday morning. Blah. Why are Mondays just so difficult? No one wants to get out of bed, it takes 2 extra cups of coffee to get moving, and everyone seems just a little cranky to be going from weekend fun to weekday grind. Even the Goombas.

This Monday morning was no different. After hitting the snooze button about 8 times, I finally dragged my sorry butt out of bed and woke up Mario. He did the usual complaining about how he didn't want to go to school, it is so boring, he hates uniforms, blah, blah, blah. The morning continued in the typical way. I had to yell at everyone to just "Sit down and eat your breakfast before I just throw it away!" And, "Where is your homework folder? No, it isn't in your backpack, where did you put it???" And, "Did you brush your teeth? Don't make me go check the toothbrush and see if it is wet!"

During all the hustle and bustle of lunch packing, breakfast eating and coffee guzzling, I heard Luigi and Peach start going at it. Not just yelling at each other, but knock-down, drag-out screaming. I do not have time for this, I thought to myself. I'm still on my first cup of coffee, I cannot deal yet! I let it go for a minute as the screams and shrieks got louder and louder. When I heard a thud, followed by a howl, I had to give in and go upstairs. What on earth they could possibly fighting about this early in the morning--I had no idea.

I trudged up the stairs with my Mean Mommy Face on, ready to drag Goombas to their rooms by their ears. I was in no way prepared for what I saw next.

I came up the stairs to find Peach crying on the floor and Luigi wearing her Deluxe Cinderella Princess Gown. The kind of princess gown that is covered in lace and sparkles with a fluffy skirt and puffed sleeves. And he was twirling around over Peach's sad little body, saying, "I am the Princess, now!!!" Ummm...seriously people. I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried.

When I finally pulled myself together enough to ask what was going on, Peach said, "I want to wear Cinderella!!!" While Luigi yelled, "I am Cinderella because she is blue and boys are blue!!!" Ok, then. I finally appeased them both by explaining to Peach that Luigi was already Cinderella (chalk one up for the list of things I never thought I would say) and that she could be Jammins (Jasmine). Since Jammins is her favorite princess, this seemed to make her happy.

So, now, Luigi is playing with cars and watching Thomas in his beautiful blue gown. Even teasing from Mario didn't deter him from his wardrobe selection. Peach is eating her Cookie Crisp in her Jammins gown. And I am contemplating adding some Bailey's to my coffee, because I already have a feeling it is going to be one of those days.

Happy Monday, everyone!
Cheers!
~Daisy

No comments:

Post a Comment