I had a mind once. Now I have small children.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

What Happened??

I can't believe it. I'm not exactly even sure what happened. It has been more than a month since I have written or posted anything! I don't even have a good excuse, just that I have been so busy with Goombas, and school, and awards shows, and potty training, and traveling, and... Well, just lots of stuff!

So, where do I even begin? When last you heard from me, I was prepping Goombas to go back to school. And I must say, it is glorious! Mario is in 3rd grade, and Luigi is in 1/2 day preschool 4 afternoons a week. It is just Peach and I on those afternoons and we are having quite a nice time together. Teachers, I don't know how you do it, but THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart for being with my kiddos for hours a day, teaching them and loving them and saving them from their demented and deranged mother.

Also on the home front... Peach turned 3 years old last week! Three years!!! It seems like only yesterday that I woke up at 1 in the morning with contractions...and made Bowser so nervous that he stayed in the bathroom for most of the 2 hours until we left for the hospital. My darling Peach, you are our little Princess and we love you. You are also the house Drama Queen, which I thought would be a tough title to win from me, but I don't stand a chance against you.

Speaking of Peach... Guess who is potty-trained??? Peach decided 2 days before her birthday that she wanted to be a panty-wearing princess. I thought it would be a struggle, but it wasn't! I mean, I don't want to brag... Ok, I do want to brag. But, I feel that since this is my blog, I am allowed to do that. It was like she knew all along how to do it! Only 2 accidents and we have been a diaper-free family for a week now! Bring out the champagne!!! Light up the fireworks!!! Sound the alarms!!! We are a diaper free family! I'm sure you can imagine my excitement, seeing as how I have been changing poopy diapers for nearly 8 years (with a small 18 month break in between Mario's potty-training and Luigi's arrival). So, good-bye Pampers! Sayonara, Huggies! Don't let the door hit you in the butt on your way out, Luvs!!! We are movin' on!

More happenings here in Mario World...
I went to the Awards Show of the Millenium a couple of weeks ago. The First Ever Mother of the Year Awards! It was an awesomely good time, and totally deserves it's own post. Stay tuned for a detailed account!

Bowser and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary at the end of August. We went up to a gambling town in the mountains, while awesome Grandma Bowser watched the Goombas overnight. We had big plans... A night of gambling, drinking, and child-free fun! This is what happened... We gambled for an hour, ate too much at the buffet, crashed back in our room at 9 o'clock and fell asleep watching "Date Night" on tv. Not sure what happened to the Bowser and Daisy from 10 years ago, but I'm pretty sure they would severely mock their older selves. The next night, when we got home, I forced Bowser to get out the old VCR so we could watch our wedding video. It was awesome. Good times for sure! And Bowser, I still love ya just as much as I did back then, even if we are old farts that have to go to bed at 9 p.m.

We took a trip to visit the Zaz and the Pop for Labor Day. We stopped in a small town right off the interstate for lunch on the way there. You can't go wrong with a McDonald's play place, right? The Goombas jumped out of the van, ready to get some crazies out, while I ordered the food. Mario came out of the play place with a sad look on his face. "What happened?" I asked. "You have to wear SOCKS to play in their play place," he said. "Can you please buy some for us?" What the... First of all, it was 107 degrees outside that day. Who the heck was wearing socks??? And, honestly, every kid I know wants to play in a play place WITHOUT socks, because of course, it makes it easier to climb UP the slides. But, apparently, they enforced this rule, since my Goombas were told by an employee they couldn't play without socks. So, I went back to the counter and asked for 3 pairs. "That will be six dollars," the man replied. WHAT??? Umm, no thanks. Six dollars for 3 crappy pairs of socks? It was a conspiracy to get all of the travelers to spend even more money!! I told the Goombas to go right ahead with their little bare feet and play. The Sock-Enforcers could deal with me if they had a problem with it. We will not be stopping there again.

Wow! So, I guess that about covers it for now. I hope that everyone has had a wonderful month!!!

Cheers!
~Daisy

No comments:

Post a Comment