I had a mind once. Now I have small children.

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Holiday Happenings and a Brand New Year

Well, it looks like a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Feliz Navidad, Happy Kwanzaa, and a very Happy New Year are all in order. My holidays felt like a whirlwind, and now, when I have finally found the time to sit and write about it, we are already 3 days into 2012. And, such is life. First, a few Holiday quips I thought you might enjoy...

Mario: While playing Monopoly one night, Bowser said, "You know, this is how people used to have fun before video games. They would sit with their family and friends and play board games like this." Mario looked at Bowser and said, "Well, I guess I'm pretty lucky then, that I am born now and have all the good stuff to play with." Touche', Mario.

Bowser: I came home, excited from finding lots of Christmas loot at a very discounted price at my favorite retailer. I pulled out a Mistletoe "kissing ball" and I said how happy I was to find it. I had always wanted Mistletoe in the house around the holidays, but seem to have a hard time finding it. With a smirk on his face, Bowser said, "Well, you already have a camel-toe, now you can have mistletoe to go with it!" And then he laughed hysterically.

Daisy: To Bowser, just this afternoon... "When in the hell do these damn Goombas go BACK TO SCHOOL????" I mean, I love them. I do. But, my mental health is failing quickly without regular routine and ALONE time.

Peach: Peach received a bunch of "color wonder" kits for Christmas. I love the Color Wonder, because they don't show up unless you use the special markers or paint on the special paper. (Although, secretly, I imagine a world in 20 years where parents begin to find strange markings all over their houses in odd places from when their toddlers played with Color Wonder markers. Just sayin'...) She loves it, and asked me to color in some of her princesses with her. I sat down to find that she had colored Snow White's hair and lips blue. So, I said, "I am going to color the horse's hair green!" She looked at me as though my head had popped off and she said, "Ummm, well, that would be weird!" (And when she says weird, you have to imagine a woman from New York with a very thick Brooklyn accent. It's awesome.) Right, Peach, the green horse's hair would be wee-ahd, but blue hair and lips on Snow White is totally normal.

Luigi: I don't even know where to begin with this kid. He is always a barrel of laughs. This season he loved listening to Christmas music. One of his favorites (other than Ru-Dog and the Policeman and Dad) was Holly Jolly Christmas. It would come on and he would say, "Hey, Mommy! Watch this!" And he would turn around and do this weird little butt shake thing that was a little bit Chris Farley, a little bit Beyonce, and 100% hilarious. One of these days I will remember to get it on video.

Now let's move on to my New Year's Resolutions. I'm gonna keep this short and sweet, because they are going to sound very similar to last year's resolutions. But, this time, I really mean it. Really. For real. I do.

~Lose weight. Yes. Because the scales have actually tipped to my heaviest (not counting pregnancy) and it ain't pretty. So, back to Points I go. Begrudgingly. But totally necessary.

~Get organized. I really believe that I can do this one. Now that the Goombas are a little bit older and I am not dealing with crying babies all night and bottles and diapers, I think this could work. Also, I have those 4 afternoons a week to myself. Instead of napping, I think organizing would be the perfect thing to do. On most days. Like 3 out of 4 of the days. Or maybe 2 out of 2. Either way, it's more than I was doing before, so it has to work.

~Be nicer, kinder, more understanding, more considerate, less negative, and far more patient. Because, honestly, if everyone did this, it would be a much happier world. And that would be OK by me. They say change starts with one person, and this is my year to make that person be me.

I hope that everyone had a wonderful holiday season and a very happy new year! Now rush those kids off to school and head on over to my house for low-cal breakfast margaritas!

Cheers!
~Daisy

No comments:

Post a Comment