I had a mind once. Now I have small children.

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Catching Up

Holy Cow, has it really been a month since I have written???  My sincerest apologies, dear readers, for leaving you hanging on the edge of your seats, worried about what might or might not be happening here in Mario-Land!  Things have been very busy and I have not had much extra time on my hands for writing.  But, worry not!  We are still here.  We are all still alive and kicking.  And I have managed, somehow, to hang on to my last shreds of sanity.  Barely. 

So, let's catch up a bit, shall we?

Let's start with Mario.  My back-talking, whining, argumentive monster darling angel.  Really, someone should have warned me.  He is 9 years old and suddenly knows everything about everything.  Bowser and I are no longer "awesome" parents.  We have now transformed into "mean and stupid" parents.  I thought the toddler years were rough.  I have a feeling I will be begging for those days back before long.  Don't get me wrong.  Mario is still a sweet, loving kid.  IF he wakes up on the right side of the bed.

Luigi is happy just being his off-beat self.  He has recently taken up wearing princess dresses and glass slippers.  When Mario teased him about it one day, Luigi simply said, "You are just mad that you aren't as pretty as me!" And then he stomped off to add a necklace to his ensemble.  His birthday is coming soon and he wants a Chuck E. Cheese-Pirate-Hot Wheels-Rapunzel party.  I'll have to see what I can do about that. 

Peach is getting girly-er by the minute.  The other day, as I was cleaning out my jewelry box, she picked up an old necklace of mine.  "Pretty!" she said.  "It is pretty, isn't it?" I replied.  Then she said, "I think I should have some diamonds now.  But not like these.  I want big ones that are real."  Lord save the man that marries her.  She is going to be quite a handful. 

After I broke the dryer recently (by accident, I swear!), Bowser made me sit and listen to a lecture on why we don't put soccer socks with the shin guards still in them into the dryer.  Who knew that it could jam up the drum and knock it off it's track, blowing out the heating element, breaking the belt, and sending a blah, blah, blah circuit through the blah, blah, blah that can burn an actual hole in the side wall of your dryer?  I certainly did not know that.  But, now I do.  And I am choosing to share this bit of information with you as my public service announcement for the day.  Shin guards and dryers do not make good friends. 

Also, on my little writing hiatus, I had sinus surgery.  Ok, Moms, here is the deal...  If you really need a few days off, schedule some kind of invasive medical procedure.  Seriously.  I had four whole days of laying around with a bloody nose, sleeping on and off, and being catered to, while MY mommy came and took care of me.  It was kind of glorious.  Until Zaza had to leave.  But now, hopefully no more sinus infections.  At least not for a while. 

Now summer is just around the corner (aak!) and we are finishing up with the end of school madness.  Concerts, art shows, last minute fund-raisers, etc.  When did life get so busy?

I promise not to leave again for so long.  I have been wondering why I seemed to be wandering down the crazy side of the street lately, and then I realized...  I haven't been finding the funny!  So, I'm back baby!  Thanks for sticking with me!

Cheers!
~Daisy


No comments:

Post a Comment