I had a mind once. Now I have small children.

Thursday, May 3, 2012

What We Have Become...

Bowser and I met many, many moons ago when we were both in college.  He was a senior and I was a freshman.  (Yes, I was that cool.  haha!)  We used to talk all the time about all kinds of important and fun things.  I can remember going out to dinner and never running out of new topics to discuss.  We would call each other and have conversations late into the night.  Now, after nearly 11 years of marriage, things have changed just a little bit. 

Here is an example of an actual text conversation from this morning, regarding the new dishwasher detergent that we bought...

Me:  Ummmm... WOW! This is the cleanest the dishes have ever been!!

Bowser:  I know!  We usually use crappy dish soap.

Me:  I am never going back.  It's just one of those things we are going to have to spend the extra couple of bucks on.  Even the dishwasher looks cleaner!!!

Bowser:  Suck it, cheap Costco dish soap!!

Me:  Yeah!  Suck it!!!

But, wait, the conversation doesn't end there.  A few minutes later, my phone rang.  It was Bowser calling from the office.

Bowser:  So, you like it a lot better?

Me:  Yes!  I just can't believe how clean it all came out!

Bowser:  Did you notice when we walked by last night how good it smelled in the kitchen while the dishwasher was running?

Me:  I know.  Really, I am never going back to the cheap stuff.

Bowser:  It was really crappy soap.  I like this one much better.  Buy it again next time. 

Me:  Dear Lord, are we really having this conversation???

Bowser:  Yup. 

Yes, this is what we have become.  An old, married couple, discussing the quality of dishwasher detergent.  **facepalm**  Doh! 

Love you Bowser!  There is no one I would rather discuss Cascade with than you!

Cheers!
~Daisy

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I think the real question this brings is what kind of new dishwasher detergent are you using?

    ReplyDelete