I had a mind once. Now I have small children.

Thursday, March 17, 2011

My Favorite Day of the Year

It's here! My very favorite day of the year!!! Happy St. Patrick's Day, world! To celebrate this most joyous of occasions, I would like to share with you my top 10 list of why March 17th is the greatest of days.

10. Corned beef and cabbage. As Bowser said, "It is so good, but like, only once a year and in small quantities." Agreed, my dear husband.

9. Green Beer.

8. It's the only day of the year you can get away with saying, "Slainte!" if you aren't actually Irish.

7. Irish music. Love it. Getting ready to listen to "The Unicorn" for the 543rd time today. "Green alligators and long necked geese..."

6. The Leprechauns always come and make mischief, so I have an excuse for the mess in the house. At least for a day.

5. Green Beer!!!

4. I can wear a freakishly big, sparkly, green bow in my hair, and no one thinks it is weird. Except for Bowser. But he thinks a lot of what I wear is freakish and weird.

3. Green is my favorite color. Bring it on! The more green, the better. You should see the Goombas. If I were someone else's mother, I would probably feel bad for them.

2. No more snakes in Ireland. What could be better than no more snakes, right?

1. Have I mentioned GREEN BEER???? An entire day devoted to drinking beer in my favorite shade of the color spectrum. My heart does not get much happier than this!

So, dear friends....

May the road rise up
to meet you.
May the wind always
be at your back.
May the sun shine
warm upon your face,
and the rains fall
soft upon your fields.
And, until we meet again,
May God hold you
in the palm of His hand.

Slainte!
~Daisy

ps--Just a side note... Do not--I repeat, do NOT--ever put all of your leftover corned beef down the garbage disposal if you are unsure of how well said garbage disposal works. Unless you want to see what looks like ground up gremlins shooting out of your sink. Don't ask me how I know this...just trust me. Please.

No comments:

Post a Comment