I had a mind once. Now I have small children.

Thursday, April 28, 2011

I Am SOOO Immature...

I am going to start this with a small disclaimer. This post is going to make me look incredibly immature. And that is ok with me. You gotta find the little things to help you get through the day. So, here it is... Daisy at my most unsophisticated.

Are you ever sitting there, watching a good, old-fashioned, educational television show with your kids, when you just think...What the heck? Did they really just say that??? Ok, I may be just a tiny bit on the immature side, but these are some things that crack me up and make children's programming so worth while to watch...

~Word World has a little clip where all the Word Friends dance together and sing a rhyming song. It goes a little something like this:
"Dancing here are Dog and Duck!
Do you know what rhymes with DUCK?"
Why, yes I do, Pig. I have a fabulous word that rhymes with Duck. What's that? Oh, Truck. Not the word I was thinking of.

~Also on Word World...(I'm tellin' ya, this show is full of 'em!) Bear wanted to give Sheep the perfect Valentine, so she was looking for something that rhymed with "art." She found a cart, a dart, and eventually a heart. I was thinking more along the lines of something stinky that my dear Bowser likes to give me for Valentine's day. Alas, Bear did not share my enthusiasm for farts as gifts.

~Moving on to the Wiggles. These guys are great. I love them! (Not so much that new Yellow Wiggle, but the original 4 will always have a place in my heart.) But, damn, when those guys put on the tutus and wings and sing about being fairies... I swear I fall into a fit of giggles every time.

It isn't just on television. Sometimes, you can be reading a book for bedtime, when suddenly a line in the story jumps out at you and makes you snicker to yourself. For example...

While he was reading bedtime stories to Luigi one night, Bowser came across a story about Thomas in which he (Thomas, not Bowser) and Percy were feeling "hot and bothered." I don't think he has been able to read that story since.

And, it doesn't stop there! Just look what happens to poor innocent Disney Princesses when they don't get put away before bed and Mommy and Daddy have a couple glasses of wine...

Charlie's Angels

Naughty Cinderella posing for the Prince

Oh lordy, yes, we got out a "stripper pole" for Rapunzel.

Of course, Jasmine didn't want to miss out on the fun

Oh dear. Poor Rapunzel, Jasmine and Cinderella. I just hope that my Goombas are able to grow up to be somewhat normal, in spite of my weird and immature sense of humor. Ooh! Word World is on! I wonder what we can rhyme today...

Cheers!
~Daisy

No comments:

Post a Comment