I had a mind once. Now I have small children.

Friday, April 15, 2011

Happy Anniversary to....ME!!!

Wow, I can't believe an entire year has gone by since I started my little bloggity-blog. Although the days have dragged on and on (and on and on and on....), the year really has flown by very quickly.

Most of you know that I wrote my first blog in a letter to the fab chicks from Rants From MommyLand. They liked it and were gracious enough to give me their forum for my rant. The thing was...I really ENJOYED writing it! It was cathartic to my constantly running Mommy-Brain to write down things that actually happen in this roller-coaster of life. It was especially helpful to "find the funny" in the things my Goombas do that kind of make me want to throw myself off of someplace very high.

Over the course of this year, I've let you in on some pretty dark secrets. It takes a lot of guts to admit that our entire family kicked around a Mystery Rock for several weeks before realizing it was a turd nugget. I've opened my heart to let you know how I truly feel about each one of my Goombas--the good, the bad, and the ugly. Together we have mourned the loss of Stinky Bunny, cried over Pork Chop Moments, and celebrated back to school with Breakfast Margaritas.

In the past 12 months, my little Goombas have gotten increasingly bigger, and more stubborn and more opinionated. Mario is now 8 years old going on 15. Luigi is a precocious almost-4 year old that is going to give me trouble as the class clown in the not-so-distant future. And Peach is becoming a little lady, with her own style (that usually includes her purple "Jammins" Princess dress), and lots of practicing for her Oscar for best dramatic actress someday.

Bowser and I are another year older and another year wiser. Well, maybe not exactly wiser... How about another year older with another year of survival under our belts. Sometimes at the end of the night, when we are stepping over piles of toys, cleaning up spilled milk, and emptying the trash for the 27th time that day, we just look at each other and wonder what the heck happened. Seems like only yesterday we were carefree college kids with no responsibilities. Now we are grown-ups. At least, we like to pretend we are.

So, please allow me to humbly say thank you and keep reading, folks! Because I am not even close to being done yet. The Goombas give me plenty of material to work with. I hope our nutty lives bring a smile to your face, and let you other mamas (and daddies) know that you aren't alone in the wacky world of parenting.

Cheers!
~Daisy

No comments:

Post a Comment