I had a mind once. Now I have small children.

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Being a Mom is the most difficult job in the world. Oh, I will admit, there are other things out there that might technically be more dangerous and some that maybe require a few more brain cells, but really, Moms do it all.

I'm not going to sit here and lecture on all that we do. Because all of you already know, seeing as how you all had moms. You don't need to hear it repeated ad nauseum. But, I would like to take a minute to say thanks to all of the Mommies I know and love.

To my Mommy friends...
You are the people I depend on every day for love and support. You are the people that help me through every day crises, you don't judge me for not having swept my floor, and you make me laugh just when I think I might have to throw myself off the top of someplace very high. We watch each other's kids, we have lunch dates so we don't go insane, and we can yell at our kids while we talk on the phone and we still understand each other. You all mean the world to me and I love you so much. I think we should go out and celebrate sans kids with some wine and/or beer. We deserve it!

To my Survival for New Moms....
You are the very first friends that I made after moving here and having Mario. I was terrified of motherhood and I was terribly lonely. You all changed that! I used to live for our playgroups. I would even get all dressed up with my make-up on as if I were going out on a date, because I was just so excited to have friends. We laughed together, cried together and learned how to be Mommies together. Although we have grown apart over the years, I still hold you all very close to my heart and think of you often. Without you, I surely would have thrown myself off of an incredibly lofty building.

To my Mom-In-Law...
Most people talk about how much they dislike their in-laws. I guess I lucked out because I just happened to get the best Mom-in-Law ever. You welcomed me into your family with open arms so many years ago. You have always been there for me, from watching the Goombas, to your patience with a certain incident when I showed up crying at your door with the Goombas in the van. Without your help, I would probably have to throw myself off a very tall tower. Thanks for raising Bowser to be the man he is and thanks for all you do for us.

To my own Dear Mother...
I guess if I am going to be honest here, I have to admit there was a time during my teen years where I'm pretty sure we didn't like each other very much. But, since I became a mother myself, I have a whole new appreciation for all you did and still do. So, I guess really, I should say that I'm sorry and I really have no idea how you survived all 3 of us! I look up to you and believe it or not, actually take to heart the advice you give me. I miss you so much and desperately wish we lived closer. Your old, crepe-y skin and all. Ha! Thanks for never letting me throw myself off the Abbey Tower. I love you forever, like you for always, as long as I'm living my Mommy you'll be.

A very, very happy Mother's Day to you all! I wish you mimosas in bed, no fighting children, a helpful husband, and a day of all around relaxation!

Cheers,
~Daisy

No comments:

Post a Comment