I had a mind once. Now I have small children.

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Summer Break Begins

Mothers around the world, Rejoice!!! Summer Break is here! Oh, wait. I think instead of "rejoice," what I meant was, "Prepare the kegerator, it's gonna be a long two and a half months." Yes, summer is here and schools across the nation are celebrating their last day of the year. Moms across the nation, however, are trying to figure out what the heck they are going to do with their kiddos all day, every day.

Here in Goomba-Land, our summer vacation has already begun. Mario's last day of school was the past Friday. Luigi's last day is this coming Friday. Peach is just thrilled that both of her brothers are here to play with at her disposal. We are officially 3 days into the break (I don't count the weekend), and here is what we have done so far...

~We excavated the toy room. I'm surprised I didn't have to actually borrow my Father-in-Law's skid steer to deal with the mess in there. I bribed all the Goombas with ice cream if they would help. Aaah, I love a good bribe. We threw out a couple bags of trash. I had to sneak another bag out without them seeing, because we could have had a major breakdown over the noisy, spinny, baby toy getting tossed. But, now we are done and you can actually see the floor in there again! I won't gross you out by telling you what we found under the toys. Let's just say, old sippies full of milk are totally not cool.

~We have watched every single episode of Blue's Clues. Did you know there are 100? And that is not counting the movie specials. That is a lot of Steve. Thankfully Joe came along for the last couple of seasons. And now we walk around singing, "Here's the mail, it never fails, it makes me want to wag my tail, when it comes I want to wail...MAAAAAIIILLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I'll let you use your imagination to figure out just how loud my Goombas can wail the word mail.

~I have heard the phrase, "But I'm so BOOOORRRREEEEDDD!" more than we have watched Blue's Clues. Seriously, Mario. This is not going to be a summer full of Wii and DS. Use your imagination and find something else to do. We are only 3 days in. If he is already bored, I am done for.

~On a bright note, I now have 2 Goombas that can swing without my assistance. 2 down, 1 to go. It's not that I don't "love" pushing kids on swings, it's just that, standing there for hours at a time, pushing a swing, while listening to, "higher, Mommy, higher!!!" is just, well... not my thing. Now, eating sand pic-micks (Peach is just so adorable!) is something I can live with.

We do have some exciting things coming up. As we speak, I am tackling Mt. Washmore in it's entirety to prepare for our trip to the Big Apple. That's right, New York, watch out. The Marios are coming! I am giddy with excitement to see my aunt get married and to visit all my cousins, aunts and uncles that I haven't seen in far too long. Did I mention we are taking the red-eye with the Goombas? And, did I also mention we were on crack when we decided to buy red-eye tickets for 3 kids? Oh well, it is going to be a blast and I absolutely can't wait!!!

Then we have Cub Scout camp, Luigi's birthday, swimming lessons, a new water park in town to check out, and more. So, raise your glass, all you Mamas out there, summer is here and we are ready for it!

Cheers!
~Daisy

No comments:

Post a Comment