I had a mind once. Now I have small children.

Friday, August 27, 2010

An Update

I realized this morning that it has been a while since I posted something. And I know everyone that reads this has been sitting on the edge of your seat just waiting for something new. Well, friends, wait no more! Here is an update on life with the Goombas.

First off...Mario is back to school and Luigi started preschool! Hip-hip-hooray! Was it bad that I did cartwheels around the house on Mario's first day? We were all very excited to get back to a routine and a week later Luigi had his very first day of school. I started to get a little veclemped at the fact that my little man was off to school. Then he ran into the classroom, with barely a glance over his shoulder because he saw a choo-choo to play with. When I tried to kiss him goodbye, he gave me the, "don't let the door hit ya on the way out, mom" look. Ok, then. Go. Have fun with your teacher and your new friends. I'll go have my breakfast margarita and enjoy the peace of just one child in the house.

Speaking of just one child in the house...Peach has found a whole new reason for living. Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings. That is when she can play with anything in the entire house that she wants, without anyone stealing it away from her and hitting her with it. She is in Heaven. I worried that she would miss her brothers and be lonely without them. Not so. She does her little head-bobbing crawl from room to room just touching things that belong to the boys--because she can.

Also, Peach has picked up a rather strange habit recently. I'm not exactly sure where this came from, although I do wonder. She likes to follow me around the kitchen and lick my legs. Yes, you read that right. My daughter follows me around and licks my legs. So, here is one for the List of Things I Never Thought I Would Have to Say... "Peach, please don't lick Mommy's legs."

Another new and possibly exciting adventure...Bowser has been interviewing for a new job. This job would take him back to the office 5 days a week like normal working folk. He hasn't decided yet whether or not to take the offer. I am having some mixed feelings. On one hand, it would be nice if he would get the heck out and let me run the house the way I want (and the way God intended, of course). Absence makes the heart grow fonder right? We haven't been absent from each other in a while. I'm just sayin'... On the other hand, it is nice to put Peach down for a nap and run to the store while he is home. Decisions, decisions.....

In the world of the Koopa Troopas (our kitty cats), KT 1 has decided not to keep her food down anymore. She has left regurgitated Meow Mix all over the house. Let me point out to you that this wouldn't be a problem if she did her yacking downstairs where it is all hardwood floor. Nope. She insists on doing it upstairs where it is all carpet. So now we have crazy orange stains all over our upstairs. It's lovely. Even worse is that I sometimes catch KT 2 sniffing and licking it before I get it cleaned up. Nice. Vomit eating cats.

And that is about it here in Mario-World. I hope that all of you Moms are enjoying your time now that school is back in session. Peach and I are available Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings for breakfast margaritas and leg-licking.

Cheers!
Daisy

No comments:

Post a Comment