I had a mind once. Now I have small children.

Sunday, December 26, 2010

The Christmas Aftermath

So, last night I celebrated and gushed about the Christmas Afterglow. Yadda, yadda, yadda... This morning, I woke up and came downstairs to the Christmas Aftermath...

Much like after any natural disaster, I feel like the National Guard might need to be called in to help clean up the wreckage that is my living room. Our kitchen, eating, living area currently looks like a tornado hit, then the looters came, then a bomb dropped to get rid of the looters, and a garbage truck missed the trash heap and dropped it in my house instead.

Yes, this is partially my fault. I'm one of those crazy people that has the mindset that Christmas day should be for fun, not cleaning. Every year this comes back and bites me in my tush. And every year I forget how bad it really was and I do it again. Or rather, I DON'T do it again....the cleaning, that is.

Bowser and I put in a valiant effort. He had the trash bag ready to go for the wrapping paper. I tried gathering still usable gift bags (because YES, I recycle my gift bags), and we made the Goombas wait till there was some semblance of sanity before ripping toys out of their packaging*. All was lost though, and now we are faced with a disaster of epic proportions. Piled around our sofas, table, hallways and tree. About three feet high. I actually think Peach might be lost in the wreckage somewhere.

Time to get to work...Merry Christmas Aftermath to you all!

Cheers!
~Daisy

*Toy packaging will be discussed in a not-so-distant-future blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment